EXPERIENCEMr. Patel's Practice included insurance coverage and insurance defense litigation, with a focus on construction defect, intellectual property, personal injury, and premise liability issues. Mr. Patel has been Legal Counsel to various legal entities including political consultancies, aerospace distributors, and tech start ups), providing them with variety of services such as negotiating a variety of contracts (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, coexistence agreements, and employment contracts, vendor agreements, etc.). Mr. Patel has also advised various entities on business organization issues and assisted them in restructuring efforts.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW Sacramento, CA
- Juris Doctor with Distinction August 2010 – May 2013
G.P.A. 3.33 | Top Twenty Percent
- Law Review Chief Articles Editor, McGeorge Law Review, Volume 44
- Staff Writer, McGeorge Law Review, Volume 43
- Staff Writer, Global Business and Development Law Journal, Volume 25
- Honors Traynor Society, Witkin Awards (International
- Business Agreements – Winter 2013);
- Witkin Award (Wills and Trusts – Fall 2011), Dean’s Honors List (Every Year),
- Gordon V. Schaber Memorial Scholarship, Barristers Scholarship (Every Year),
- Academic Achievement Award (Every Year)
- Activities Intellectual Property Student Association,
- Kaplan Student Representative
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, RIVERSIDE Riverside, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Summa Cum Laude September 2006 – June 2009
- G.P.A. 3.94 | Top Two Percent
- Honors Phi Beta Kappa (Elected As A Junior),
- Regent’s Scholar, Honors Program,
- Dean’s Academic Distinction Award, Chancellor’s
- Honors List (Every Year),
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Activities Students for Barack Obama at UCR (Chapter Chair),
- Phi Alpha Delta (Secretary)
- California Public Interest Research Group at UCR (Vice Chair; Media Intern),
- The Highlander (Contributor),
- Campus Safety Escort Service (Dispatcher; Escort)
- Ronak Patel, First World Problems: A Fair Use Analysis of Internet Memes, 20 UCLA. ENT. L. REV. 235
- Ronak Patel, The First of Many Steps: The EU Unitary Patent, Software, and What the United Kingdom
Should Do Next, 26 GLOBAL BUS. & DEV. L.J. 259 (2013).
- Ronak Patel, Ending the War: Why Editors Cannot Question Citations to “A Theory of Law,” 2 GEO.
MASON U. J.L. 235 (2012) (featured in the “Micro-Symposium on Orin Kerr’s “A Theory of Law”).
- Ronak Patel, Chapter 188: Forget College, You’re Popular! A Review of the National Popular Vote
Interstate Compact, 43 MCGEORGE L. REV. 645 (2012).
Mr. Patel enjoys learning about American history/presidents, watching stand up comedy, writing, and playing backgammon.